Essential Functions:Spend Analysis and Forecasting
- Create and maintain monthly Department P&L dashboard for Logistics, highlighting locations where freight costs are under recovered. Provide analytics and commentary on drivers behind variances, month to month, vs. prior year and budget
- Prepare the annual budget for Logistics, and supply Corporate FP&A with forecasts on as requested basis
- Implement a UPS
- Implement a tracking and reporting mechanism for expedited shipments, to include cost and reason codes; plus, other significant line items such as maintenance/fuel/propane spend
- Working with Director of Logistics & Finance evaluate the need for Transportation Insight, research and select their replacement if needed as well as negotiating the rate for the service.
- Support the Logistics Director and HR with an analysis and tracking of internal fleet driver pay
- Consolidate, evaluate, analyze and report KPI trends, across the company. Follow up on any missing data and highlight to VP Finance, Director of Logistics, Transportations Managers unusual variances weekly or actions requiring follow up
- Work with VP Finance/Logistics Director/ VP Supply Chain to determine what additional metrics/ KPI’s should be measured, determine the most efficient method of capturing the info. In addition, determine the most effective way of communicating the new metrics.
- Working with Transportation Managers to maintain an asset list of owned and leased assets. Ensure monthly reporting of asset utilization and ensure requisite safe guarding controls are in place
- Track and ensure rates paid for duties and brokerage are in line with product classifications; working with Director of Logistics select and manage preferred brokerage companies and ensure compliance to contractual rates.
- Consolidate, evaluate, analyze cost out opportunities in conjunction with Logistics Director and Regional Transportation Managers.
- Support Purchasing in negotiations on inbound freight rates, and ensure compliance by vendors to negotiated contracts.
- Leverage the work performed to ensure a sustainable and repeatable costing saving process and structure is maintained.
- Support management in ad hoc exercises.
- Continuously look for new ways to present existing and new information in greater detail in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with management to develop insights based on data results.
- Ensure that managers are provided with highly accurate information and analysis.
- Prior Logistic company experience would be a strong plus
- Accounting Degree would be preferable
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Solid written and oral communication skills are a must
- High energy and strong curiosity, with the ability to analyze data and assess patterns
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow-through skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships, both internally and externally
|Job Category||Accounting / Finance|